Floor replace with Like for Like or T+G.

Ive got some squeaky chipboard flooring on my landing, thats been cut up rather badly by the installers of a central heating system for the pipes, many years ago.

I shoudnt need to get under the floor again, as Its to bad to fix, would it be better to replace with Chipboard sheets or T+G.

Thanks

darren

Reply to
df

tongue and groove chipboard will be less squeaky BUT you MUST glue the bits together. I also added 12mm fibreboard underneath it to take up joist unevenesss. I also recommend a screwdriver as you need to drive a LOT of nails otherwise..and drive them hard. Damages ceilings.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher