Flexible plywood

Seen it on telly, used by Tommy Walsh - about 5mm thick, it would bend into a tight cylinder it was that flexible - trouble is, where can I get a small peice (rather than 8 ft x 4 ft) for the job I have in mind - about 4 in wide x approx 60 in?

Reply to
Zeke

Seen it on telly, used by Tommy Walsh - about 5mm thick, it would bend into a tight cylinder it was that flexible - trouble is, where can I get a small peice (rather than 8 ft x 4 ft) for the job I have in mind - about 4 in wide x approx 60 in?

Reply to
Zeke

Are you sure it was ply and not MDF?

I have seen this in B&Q. Basically there are grooves cut part way through on the reverse side.

IIRC, the sheets were about 1800mm x 600mm as opposed to 2440x1220.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Oil tempered hardboard is pretty flexible at that width. Two layers if it has to be 5mm thick

Reply to
Stuart Noble

I have a sheet of 4mm ply which is VERY flexible.

Reply to
Bob Martin

I have used some - you can buy 1220 by 600 sheets - 6mmthick. It will bend to about a 9 inch radius - I have used it as skirtink on an external wall where an opening was made and the ends of the existing wall rounden. Be aware that each end of the sheet is not kerfed for about 100mm and the kerfing runs across the shorte dimension

Malcolm

Reply to
Malcolm Race

aka wigglewood.

Reply to
meow2222

And you bought it where?

Reply to
Zeke

True flexible ply is so due to the types of wood used in its manufacture. It is only [easily] flexible along one direction. It is very flexible.

The main import agents for this stuff are at the bottom of the road where I live. They are Worldwide Wood

8365 2155

They could be persuaded to send you a sample.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

B&Q

Malcolm