Tommy Walsh - Ultimate Workshop

6pm tomorrow Quest:

someone mentioned it here, I'v ebeen watching a bit of Quest on Freeview and I'm very impressed - even the kids are interested in some of the stuff!

Reply to
Tim Watts

> Since someone mentioned it here, I'v ebeen watching a bit of Quest on

Yea, not bad but 'Norms' is a touch better :)

Reply to
brass monkey

>>> Since someone mentioned it here, I'v ebeen watching a bit of Quest on

Yea, but TW couldn't get all the equipment suppliers to give him $$ 6-figures worth of free tools. The best he can hope for is a calendar from Direct Line.

Reply to
pete

>> Since someone mentioned it here, I'v ebeen watching a bit of Quest on

Caught the second part today. I did enjoy it - there were some quite good tips that weren't totally obvious and Tommy actually gave the details on parts, eg "this is 18mm WPB ply".

It's how I imagine DIY programs from the 60's would have been, but a bit more hard core. There seemed to be enough detail to actually go and do your own.

I approved of his level of engineering - very strong looking frame nd a dormer just to add interest.

Not sure about the use of shingles on the roof though - would have been nice to explore a newer robust product like rubber or something - but overall a thouroughly decent effort IMO.

Son (5 YO) requested a late stay up to watch a dinosaur programme at

9-10pm and that was good too. Seemed quite in depth but lots of CGI brought it to life enough to hold his attention for the full hour.

I'm converted now. Wish they'd put the "How it's done" or whatever on earlier though, not 10pm!

Reply to
Tim Watts

Norm fans - "Discovery Shed" are showing the entire 18th and 19th New Yankee Workshop series on Monday 27th.

Reply to
Reentrant
[Quest]

Just time to get a PVR before the VAT increase!

Some fascinating stuff on those programmes, but the background musak gets a bit tedious.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon