Flexible 1.5" waste

I have got a new sink unit : two sinks. There is a double P trap with it. The horizontal outlet of the new trap is about half an inch out of line with the existing hole in the wall through which the old waste pipe went. The pipes are 1.5 inches. Can you get flexible 1.5" pipe: I have looked but cannot find. Alternative solutions please?

Reply to
not a plumber

In message , not a plumber writes

Yes, though you might have more luck searching 40mm rather than 1.5".

e.g.

Depends on exactly what you want

Reply to
Chris French

Surely you can, I've had on on our sink for many years. Flexible to a point, if you get it quite hot, but it seems not to be worried by hot woter so I don't know how hot, hot is as i did not fit it. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Many thanks for the links. Is it the case that some such waste piping and fittings are 1.5" (38mm) and some 40mm? Can that lead to problems? (perhaps they are all 39mm :-)

I think I am going to replace the complete double waste unit: Having looked at your Screwfix link - I then saw that they sell a unit which looks the job - and has decent reviews: McAlpine Double & 1½ Bowl Sink Kit 40mm White.

Anyone experience of this? I assume that there is sufficient adjustment available for lining it up with the three fixed reference points: the two sink wastes, and the outlet pipe through the wall?

Reply to
not a plumber

Assorted flexible connectors here at BES - bottom of the page

I would highly recommend Hepflex - available as pre made lengths, and as the parts to make up lengths to suit.

A 3m length of 40mm and four spigot connectors made my life much easier in two difficult runs for a shower and kitchen sink. The sink run has survived some very hot water for the last four years - and will hopefully continue to do so. Not cheap, but good.

Charles F

Reply to
Charles F

In message , not a plumber writes

I'm not sure any of the pipe is actually 40mm or 1.5 inches anymore.

The actual pipe sizes vary depending on the type of pipe, eg solvent weld isn't the same as pushfit. But compression fittings are designed to work over the range of different pipe sizes, so can be used to join from one to another.

Reply to
Chris French

Concur - HepFlex was exactly what I needed to get waste from a basin, through a couple of cupboards and down to mate with the fixed pipe. Good quality material, easy to use, lasted over ten years without thinking about it - should last many, many more years.

The only time I have touched it since original fitting was when the basin waste required a clean-out - having used HepFlex made that trivially easy.

Reply to
polygonum

Solvent weld vs Push fit accounts for the size difference (they are deliberately incompatible - though you can get universal fittings to bridge the two).

Reply to
Tim Watts

2 jubilee clips and a piece of reinforced poly or PVC hose. Did a quick botch when a waste got damaged and its still there. I moved out in 1982 so 32 years so far.
Reply to
ray.sohst