Fixing wooden fence posts

I used a 3/4 tonne digger and in some places a diamond core drill because the rocks were too big to move.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Tim,

Maybe I am misunderstanding how you use them?

Where I have been digging fence post holes, the ground is like a pile of large flints with a very solid matrix of heavy clay. At times I have even used my SDS chisel. How can two trowels stuck on the end of a stick get through that?

Reply to
polygonum

I have one and it will easily break house bricks and stuff like that.

Not much use is you only have a hole 6"-8" wide.

I use a 25 mm dia, four foot long drill bit in a 5 kg SDS drill.

Reply to
dennis

BT use them to put poles in the ground when the arbour doesn't work.

Reply to
dennis

Your mouth or your arse?

Reply to