Fitting cylinder thermostat (new cylinder)

Any tips for removing the insulation? I thought about using a multi-tool circular saw blade (by hand!) to get four neat cuts before chiselling out the insulation. Or Stanley knife?

TIA

Reply to
newshound

Stanley knife blade for the first bit and then a large flat blade screwdriver for the rest seems to work for me.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Those break-off section knives with the blade fully extended are good for deep cuts.

Reply to
dom

multi-tool

chiselling out

... but be very careful notb to score the cylinder - they will split over time !

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

That's what was worrying me slightly; I was thinking about grinding off the point of a Stanley knife blade.

Thanks to all for the suggestions

Reply to
newshound