Fitting Cornice on MFI bedroom cabinets

crazy looking design, the upper section is longer and heavier than the base, and as it protrudes at an angle the natural inclination is for the damn thing to fall over, there barely seems enough contact at the back for it to be glued.

Any helpful tips?

Please reply to the newsgroup - it's not my email address in the header!!

Reply to
Baffie

You need to screw it into position. Mark up in position where the vertical side panels come, remove and drill drill a few clearance fixing holes in line with the vertical marks so that the screws will bite down through the centre of the side panels--tricky! Use a small hex shanked drill in an angled screwdriver attachment to drill pilot holes through the clearance holes into the side panels at the appropriate points. I found it better to mark and drill one fixing to mount one end first, then to take out the curvature in the pelmet moulding as I went along. An assistant is useful to stop the damn thing falling off all the time, I didn't have one!!

HTH

Regards Capitol

Reply to
Capitol

I got fed up and screwed mine on from inside the cupboard, upwards. you have to do this with low ceilings anyway

Reply to
mrcheerful

thanks for both suggestions - appreciated!!

I was about to give up and have a bonfire but will try again today.

I'd only just got myself the 'formula' for accurate measuring of where to cut the damn thing and which end of the cornice to put where on the cutting block (I have a mitre saw 'thingy' from screwfix that 'locks' the saw blades and you just 'dial' the angle you want to cut from.

I'm hoping that I can think '3D' better today than last night!

thanks again