Filler material

Hi I have had the wall in the bathroom repainted which has shown up some smallholes/dents in the wall (concrete)

What is the best (Cheap) material to buy to fill i nthe holes/sand/repaint?

I am thinking a step up from the Polyfilla tube stuff as it doesn;t go rock sold - just turns into a hard gel liek substance- but maybe not quite as hardcore as the full on tubs of Polyfilla branded cememt style stuff!

Whats the best to go for either way?

Reply to
mo

If it truly is concrete the problem you'll find is the texture of any plaster type repair stuff won't be the same and will show through the paint.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Filler. Any filler will do. If your polyfilla is turning to gel then somethings very wrong!

Yeah, getting the texture right is half of the art of filling. But whatever it is, level still much beats indents.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

That sounds like decorators caulk? Wrong stuff, you can't sand it.

Any decent filler. I mainly use the new lightweight ones

The Medway Handyman

Filler. Any filler will do. If your polyfilla is turning to gel then somethings very wrong!

Yeah, getting the texture right is half of the art of filling. But whatever it is, level still much beats indents.

NT

I'll go with that advice as well. If it is plain concrete, then getting a filler to form the same surface texture will be difficult. Normal finishing plaster could be used to gain a smooth fill, but you need to keep the surface of it damp and polish it to match the small holes / dents with the original face of the wall. That has to be done with a proper float and wet soft bristle paint brush, and a little bit of time and care.

Reply to
BigWallop

I would also definately recomend the new lightweight fillers, cost about =A33 - =A36 for a small tub, easy to use , fills any depth of hole, dries quickly, sands easily.

Reply to
Housemartin