Ferroli boiler wiring

I`ve had a new boiler installed (Ferroli Tempra 30 - with integral pump) & I`ve chosen to do the wiring myself. The system is an S plan (boiler, 2 zone valves for CH & HW, room stat, cylinder stat).
What I can`t figure out is the following: The boiler has a mains cable (live, neutral, earth) coming out of it which presumably needs to connect up somewhere. There is also a junction box within the boiler which has 8 terminals. According to the wiring diagram, I need to connect up terminals 1 & 2 (on the boiler) to grey and orange outputs of the zone valves. (Terminals 1 & 2 currently have a loop wire between them) This is confusing as I don`t know whether to connect both the mains cable to permanent mains (which means the boiler would be on permanently (unless I take out the loop wire between terminals 1&2 on the boiler?) and also connect up terminals 1& 2 to the zone valves Very confused - help !?!
John
john wrote:

First of all the boiler does need a permanent mains connection to run its electronics so run a 3 wire flex from its L, N & E connection to the fused spur that feeds power to the central heating system. The normally open contacts of the two zone valves are usually wired in parrallel and the two resulting volt-free wires are wired accross the boiler controlling terminals, in your case 1 & 2,. Of course, you take off the link between these two pins so then when either of the zone valves is opened under the control of the room or cylinder stats, the boiler operates.

What I`m trying to work out is what is the difference between the boiler operating using purely the mains cable feed and the jumper between 1 and 2 on the board (this operates both the boiler and pump) OR operating without the jumper between 1&2 and power to both the mains feed and connection from both valves to 1&2 on the boiler terminals?
Also, how do I know if the grey and orange outputs of the valves are volt free (both valves are indirectly connected to the mains via room stat/cylinder stat/programmer using brown/blue wires)?
John

Sorry BillR, I,I've typed the link wrongly. It should be :
http://www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com/ferroli.htm