Felt/Membrane for Under Shiplap Cladding

Hi,

Or do a house share, quite good fun... most of the time.

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

Because we are short of houses.

People.

Wherever they can.

Yes, all above. Duh!

They are a small impact, very small. The major, and outstanding cause is the availability of land for people to build on. An artificial shortage has been created.

The are so small issues compared to the land availability issue that they are not worth taking into account.

Now read the book a few time and come back and ask sensible questions.

Because you haven't a clue and this will put you right.

Reply to
IMM

Yes, two families to a house all sharing the same bathroom, as it was up to the 1960s in some parts of the UK, while the local landowner sat inside his mass of acreage being a millionaire taking rent. Oh yes, we have to share accommodation in a land with a land surplus. Oh we can't build on the countryside, what will the local squire say!

Reply to
IMM

If we AE considering flats for such people, make sure they are able to be hosed down with a central large bore drain.

My experience of my fellow 20 year old males friends, was that without their mums, they were completely unable to even boil a kettle, let alone contemplate washing a sock, or clearing up a pile of vomit.

Girls flats smelt better, if you could kick enough of the discarded underwear aside to actually enter them. They just buy a pair of tights every day and discard the used ones.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

My God! So that is how the snots live.

Reply to
IMM

You get it so wrong. It's not the squire, anxious to cash in on a few of his hundreds of acres who is the problem. It's the dozens of people living in ordinary houses who don't want townies or incomers. Likewise in suburbia: the worst NIMBYism comes from people who are probably typical Daily Mail readers.

Reply to
Tony Bryer

NIMBYism is a big problems that is for sure. Nevertheless the local squire does not want to sell his lucrative acres. THEY NEVER SELL, the parasites TAKE RENT. The landowning aristocracy have managed to keep hold of their lucrative acre very well. See Who Own Britain by Kevin Cahill.

Reply to
IMM

Hi,

Sorry I should have been more specific, I people in their mid to late twenties who are single, not families.

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

Ah well, that's student age, would you rent out a flat to a bunch of

20 year old blokes who had previously lived with their Mum 'n' Dad?

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

Yes, in abject poverty for most of my adult life actually.

Whilst tossers like you managed to screw more money out of the system by lying, cheating and joining unions.

Then I realized its all a game, and set out to screw the screwers. Once you realise that if someone else is playing the game buy a set of bent rules, its OK to take them on at their own game - and win - even though you think the game stinks.

The world is full of tossers like you - people who think the world owes them a living, and housing, and a comfortable lifestyle, who do nothing but exude jealousy and envy for anyone who takes a fair cut out of trying to provide it for them. And then complain at the ecological cost of doing it for them. People who never do anything themselves, but whinge and whine about how other people ought to be doing it for them. A spoilt brat in a nursery world. That's what you are.

You are completely beneath contempt. People like you are the reason that the conservative party has supporters. You do more to make their case for them than anyone else ever could.

I hope that fact makes you happy. If you had any sense you would take what you are getting and keep your mouth shut, before someone with a deal more sense and a deal less compunction throws you out on the streets in some foreign slum, where you belong, and where your rhetoric will be as much use to you as a stale fart.

You have as little idea as to how the so called 'upper classes' live as you have about how the real members of the so called 'working classes' live. You are as middle class and suburban as they get. You have lived a sheltered life all your life, and you have never come up against anything more shocking than an advert for cat food.

Either go out and get a real life, or shut up and go away. No one is interested in you, your tiny pretensions or your fantastic visions of What Life Is, or anything else you have to say. You are not even witty.

In short, you are a meaningless irritation and nothing more.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Lying and cheating? You do have the big snot chip.

Great idea. You should try it.

My God, this chip on the shoulder snot really has it bad.

he coninues....

Wow! In other countries he would have been locked up, for that incoherent babble.

..he babbles on......

Gosh, what logic! ....and on he goes.....

What an I getting? ...and on he drivels...

It is getting worse. the incoherence is amazing. This must be fascinating for a shrink to read.

...the drivel continues.......

Wow" How does he know this? He doesn't know me at all. He knows I am a part time world-wide playboy, so that puts me out of his classifications.

...the boring drivel is aimless going on.....

Fascinating, truly fascinating! I never understood a bloody thing.

Reply to
IMM

In that case, perhaps you should refrain from comment

Reply to
Nick Brooks

Psssst IMM, I think you have him on the ropes.

Reply to
nomatter

Shock, horror, probe. Owners of something getting a return on their asset. People expected to pay for what they use.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Land is different to all other assets. Those who monopolise it live a life of splendour at our expense. That is why other sane countries re-distributed land.

Reply to
IMM

That is super easy to do. Inane ramblings of a dysfunctional obsessed mind. It is hard to communicate with such, well impossible really.

Reply to
IMM

thank you, Robin Hood.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Like Zimbabwe?

Reply to
Toby

There are a lot of Robin Hoods around the world then. very sensible people.

Reply to
IMM

Like Zimbabwe. The British government is paying for the land redistribution in Zimbabwe, yet does nothing about the gross injustice here.

Reply to
IMM