Fein Multimaster, Bosch pmf180 and now .... Worx

How does the cutter cope with rock hard putty, semi-hard putty, sprigs, and possibly glass? I wouldn't want to wreck one blade per window.

Reply to
stuart noble

IIRC, I mainly used the carbide blade

Reply to
Andy Hall

On the other hand, in certain parts of Northern Ireland, it might be better to go with the Bosch, or Worx, or anything else... :-)

Reply to
Rod

Which ones?

Well, they were really the only DIY option at the time due to cost - and did sort of work.

As a detail sander it's miles better than my 'proper' Bosch one - let alone the cutting functions. I'd guess because the vibrator has no lost motion.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Nowt wrong with being a Feinian!

Bet these little lathes don't sell too well though

Andy Dingley

Hmmm, not exactly brilliant marketing. :-)

Reply to
Rod

Irrelevant if it does what's needed.

So what, I have other tools that will do those things, probably better than some universal wonder tool.

Really? Maybe you should buy better tools so you don't suffer from poor tool experiences.

Reply to
dennis

It's really more like a decent drill - where you change bits according to what you're drilling.

It does work very well, and is beautifully made. You should try one before criticising.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

How does that work if it has fallen apart?

Possibly. However, you will have spent more money on them if they are reasonable ones and will have four or five when one will do a multiplicity of tasks very well.

I do.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Its easy with a router and a jig. Clean rebates too.

Reply to
dennis

But if Dennis already has these other tools, is he expected to buy a replacement just to supplant them?

Reply to
Frank Erskine

That's up to him.

Personally I didn't have some of the capabilities of the Multimaster in other tools and did need them for several projects, so it was an easy decision to make.

I might have done the same if I had had crappy versions of some tools, but I didn't.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Making and securing the jig might well take longer than doing it the normal way

Reply to
stuart noble

:-)

Reply to