Extension bits

Having just fitted a new pedestal unit in a bathroom one thing I know I could do with in my toolbox is a long-ish tile cutting bit for my drill, so that it can reach into a narrow gap.
The tile cutting bits (x3) I bought from Screwfix are great for cutting holes in tiles, but they have very short shanks (less than 50mm). By the time you've mounted these in a chuck there's not a lot left to navigate into a tight corner.
Anyone know if it is possible to either get long shanked tile drills (like 150mm or longer), or alternatively an extension bar for drill bits?
PoP
If you really must use the email address provided with my newsreader please be aware that the email is processed with spamcop. As a result your email to me might be treated as spam!
PoP wrote:

www.toolstation.com one of my favourite alternatives to SF do a longer tile drill, but they are over 20 each. Listed as 'Porcelain tile cutter Will drill through a wide range of hard to penetrate materials such as granite, marble and ceramic. Comes with same diameter masonry drill bit to prolong the life of the PTC.' They used to do a blue Bosch cordless angle drill for under 90 delivered,but I can't see it anymore. Good value core drills as well.
If your tile drills are hex shanked, there are many adapters around 150mm or so, but I guess it would be harder to stop the bit wandering when starting the hole.
--
Toby.

Further up the page are 'Multi material drills' 100mm > 150mm > 200mm lengths depending on bit size, these may be OK and are back at the 2 mark. I suppose it's a question of whether you could get the bit to pierce the glaze.
--
Toby.

Hello PoP

Just a thought... Normal TCT masonry bit?
It's what I use for drilling through tiles. Slow speed, no hammer, light pressure. Works fine for me.
--
Simon Avery, Dartmoor, UK