Experience of heatprofile radiant heating systems?

Hi

Anyone out there had experience of HeatProfile's radiant heating systems as per

I'm considering using such a system on three holiday flats we're building and would just like some comfort factor recommendations before going ahead. Alternatively, of course, there may be some equally persuasive horror stories out there!

Cheers

Tim

Reply to
Tim Nicholson

Sounds like another UFH company. Avoid the electric. Go for the water based one. You can always heat it via thermals store using electricity, gas, LPG, oil, solar etc, or all of them. Gives you so many options for now and the furuyre. With electric resistance wires yo are stuck.

Reply to
IMM

Sorry, did not mean UHF but skirting.

Reply to
IMM

Looked at it for kitchen, dining room and conservatory but the heat output wasn't high enough for winter use. For holiday flats not used then they are an elegant solution.

Reply to
G&M

Thanks for your post - but I'm looking for comments from someone with experience of installing/using the product. Please read the question fully before answering.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Nicholson

Many thanks. These units *may* be used during the winter, and the lounge/diners will be pretty large, so maybe I'll need to rethink. Each of the largest rooms will also have modern 'coal effect' gas fires though, so that in addition might be enough?

Time to get the calculator out I think!

Tim

Reply to
Tim Nicholson

The heat calcs have to be done properly. If you can get skirting heaters in

90% plus of the room and you have addition heat from a large fire when necessary, and you have the boiler running at 80C then you may find they work wonderfully. It is best to use an optimising clock/programmer like the Honeywell CM67, or equiv. This figures out when to bring on the heating (max 3 hours), then less chance of being cold when you get up.

You will probably find that in 90-95% of instances the heating system will fully cope. Most of the time heating systems are on part load.

Reply to
IMM

True - but I've been in holiday flats where the heating couldn't even manage on a spring morning so I'd hate to have been there in winter.

Reply to
G&M

Were all the skirtings heaters? Was it on 82C flow temp? Was an optimiser programmer used to ensure setpoint temp at the desired time? Probably not. Probably a cheap an nasty setup in a thin walled, little to no insulation chalet.

Reply to
IMM