Eric Clapton gets CBE

Page 4 of 10

but
I see. You have none.

I get no handouts. What I do/did get was all paid for in my contributions.

PLEASE go,
If you find it to expensive to move I would gladly not lend but give you the fare for a one way ticket.
Being a cowboy you would fit in there quite well.
--

ATB

Kris

You don't need to suffer the consequences of that cost alone. I think you would find several around here who would make a reasonable contribution.
PoP
If you really must use the email address provided with my newsreader please be aware that the email is processed with spamcop. As a result your email to me might be treated as spam!

Can you all get up enough to buy a house as well?

IMM wrote in message ...

I didn't think you'd be reduced to begging!
Can't you sell the Ford? It'll buy you a nice trailer in Alabama.
LOL Capitol

Begging! I am being offered.

I don't own a Ford. A suave person like me owns an Aston Martin and a Mini Cooper.

IMM wrote:

How very 'tory' of you.
Obviously you need to give them boith away to the first pesron on the dole you find, in order to salve your clarss conscience...

Mini
Since when have these marques been Tory? Connery drove one and he is far from Tory.

IMM wrote:

Yiu have been watching too many Bond films.
Hint: A film is NOT real life, IMM.

A Ford and a BMW, then.
Who owns Aston Martin! Capitol IMM wrote in message ...

Oh good. A Quiz.

Oh god will you pay for my hols this year too?

IMM wrote:

Wrong.
Indeed. Texas has about the population of Wales in an area the size of France.
Why don't you bugger off there - or Canada, or Australia.
I know, they would make mincemeat of you, and you wouldn't last ten seconds outside the nanny state.

Thats about all teh habitable land there is. Have you ever BEEN to the welsh mountains, or the scottish Highlands? Have you in fact, ever been south of Watford, or further out of the country than Benidorm?

No, its owned by a large majority of private individuals. And regulated by the planning authority.
The UK is big country, despite propaganda saying we are

Habitable arraes contend with farming and forestry. Population clusters ariund work. Work clusters around communication.
Its the same in the USA. Fly over it, drive across it, and you will find vast areas of land with nothing on but crops and animals, or smply desert. Now you CAN live in teh desert of youi don';t mind spending $5000 a year on airconditioning, bu there ain't much to do, unless you are into weapons research...
An artificial land shortage has been created ramping up land values

million
here.
Right!
But they allow people to build where they want to, unlike this country.

Well people like you aren't around, so that is a plus point.

What nanny state are you talking about?

Balls again!!! 90% plus is habitable.

Yes.
I live south of Watford. Now south of the river and the fens are the pits.

Wrong! 1% of the population own 70% of the land.

To the benefit of that 1% while we pay extortionate house prices because land is 2/3 of the value.

And your point is? The point is that we can't build on grade 3 agricultural land, because the big landowners say so.

The same here. Fly over the Uk. Nothing but open green fields. Agriculture only amounts to 3% of the economy. We can afford to get rid of most of this pampered, nannied, over subsidised industry for the greater benefit of the people.

We have no deserts in the UK.

IMM wrote in message ...

Get into the real world. An American house is a short lived, upmarket garden shed! If it is in the right place; cf "The Heights" in Houston, then the price is in the >$1M region for a pile of CRAP.( because of the high land costs). Just like London. If it is in a coastal region; cf Clearwater in Florida, with no local employment or industry, then a new house( shed) with massive air conditioning running costs is less than 125K. The market price is determined by supply, demand and the point in the economic cycle. UK house prices are artificially high because the economy is running on cloud cuckoo land interest rates( they should be around 6%) in the interest of avoiding recession. US houses are a disposable product, require massive amounts of maintenance( decks every 5 years, roofs every 20, boilers every 10) and have absolutely CRAP electrical systems. US houses are cheap to build and the labour force consists frequently of low standard immigrant construction workers. If you think the joinery standards are low here, inspect the frame of a house being constructed in Illinois!
As am American friend said, "your UK houses are built to last!". Regards Capitol

million
here.
garden
US houses are better built than over here.

NOWHERE in the UK in a similar house or location will you find such wonderful houses.

But in the UK is rigged by an artificial land shortage. Reaf Who Own Britain by Cahill.

Total crap. They are not.

They are in the UK too. The US use better more advanced methods than us. For e.g., they don't have silly cavity walls.

I did and was very impressed.

Which ones?

Have you seen one under construction? Some of the finishing may be reasonable, but the basic construction is nothing to write home about....

You're an electrical engineer now? US wiring practice is nothing less than appalling and with extremely cheap and nasty fittings. Even the expensive ones are only cosmetically better.

.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

the
land
Yes.
I have seen cheap and nsty fitting in the UK too.
The UK is famous for a cowboy mentality in the building trades. Famous for it. We have no right to criticise others for workmanship.

IMM wrote:

Do you WANT a house in the middle of the cairngorms? No roads, no water, no sewage, no electricirty, no phones, no work, nothing but sheep to shag...ahh...I see your point finally.