eon 1 year fix v18

For me (East Midlands region) the gas is marginally cheaper than the eon MSE collective tariff (2.756p vs 2.859p) and the electricity is marginally more expensive (9.979p vs 9.450p) standing charges, discounts and exit fees unchanged.

Obviously it depends on your gas/electric mix whether it's overall positive or negative, for me based on previous 12 month actual usage, it's theoretically £8 cheaper, barely worthwhile but I could set switch date as far into future as they allow to effectively extend my fix by six months.

Might be useful for anyone who didn't get onto their MSE tariff back in September.

Reply to
Andy Burns

MSE have another 'Big Switch' coming up on 2 February.

New rules mean you need to have joined their club

or have signed up to their newsletter by 31 January.

I guess they have enticed "enough" people in with the cheap v18/v19 tariffs, v20 tariff launched today and it's expensive ...

gas 2.672 -> 3.789p elec 9.797 -> 13.398p

Reply to
Andy Burns

Well they're no longer able to rip off OAPs through Age UK

Reply to
bert