Energy pinch?

On loan to us - only 23C today, but then it's forecast 28, 36, 38,

31, 38, 32. November's average was way higher than the long term average 27.1/21.9, December a little higher 25.9/24.2.
Reply to
Tony Bryer

As the klod said on the radio this morning, don't confuse climate (mid-long term situation) with the weather (day-to-day situation).

Reply to
Tim Streater

Probably the root cause of all this. We've been messing with arctic temperatures, and its come across to complain.

One thing that is highly perdictable about global warming is that more extreme events become more probable.

Higher winds, more rain, more snow. More heatwaves, more drought, more hurricanes.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

We're not having extreme events or warming in NZ:

"However, a WMO prediction that 2009 would be the warmest year on record was not borne out in New Zealand, which saw slightly cooler than average temperatures. New Zealand also missed out on much of the extreme weather which last year caused devastating floods, severe droughts, and storms in many parts of the world."

Reply to
Matty F

In the same way that we get the wrong sort of snow, you've obviously got the wrong sort of politicians. Ours find ways to explain everything with the same two words: 'global warming'.

No they are completely different.. different mathematical models.. different starting conditions.. different chaotic conditions.. same errors.

Reply to
dennis

Perhaps he should have said, don't confuse the weather forecasters' near-complete inability to predict the weather for mere hours or days ahead with the absolute, definite concrete 100% certainty of their predictions of human-induced climate change over the coming decades and centuries.

Reply to
Bruce

In that case, perhaps the weather forecasters should explain why they confidently predicted that this winter would be one of the mildest on record, but it has turned out to be one of the coldest for a century.

If they cannot reliably predict hours, days, weeks or several months ahead, how is it that their predictions of global disaster in the next centuries due to human-induced climate change are presented as a certainty?

Reply to
Bruce

It is lean mix concrete which is reasonably easy to break out with a pickaxe and a trivial job with a light breaker.

I presume that doesn't mean that the distribution mains leading to our gas meters are now at some hugely increased pressure?

Please say it isn't so?!?

Reply to
Bruce

indeed. The mathematics are much easier in the long term.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

look into the mathematics and the details for the answer to that.

A good book on chaos theory helps.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

What is being discussed is storage in the national transmission network, google line pack, and have a look at

James Salisbury

Global warming maybe should have been called Global Weather Collapse, one theory is that as we chop down the forests and burn thousands of years worth of oil and coal the gulf stream will change direction and stop its warming effect on britain which would mean britain getting colder whilst global average temperature rises.

[g]
Reply to
george [dicegeorge]

explanation from Northern Gas

explanation came from one of crew laying previously mentioned pipe, if only every road crew was as fast as those guys. The lean mix concrete has made an excellent filler, no sag or bumps where the line was put in.

Cheers Adam

Reply to
Adam Aglionby

Feel free to study the basic scientific principles, and find out. Although you could always ask someone already trained in the discipline, or find some sort of authoritative report on the subject somewhere, preferrably written by a group of international experts -- it's got to be worth a try -- do you really want to educate yourself all the way to PhD level in Climate Science?

#Paul

Reply to
news09paul

Yes, good luck with that. It seems for every such report there's another claiming the exact opposite. Ditto for reports on solutions to any of the perceived problems. Add into that the spin and general backstabbing and counter-claiming that goes on, and the conclusion that I'm leaning toward is that nobody "authoritative" knows what the f*ck they're talking about :-(

Reply to
Jules

Complete bollocks.

The only way the climate change industry gets away with making concrete long term predictions - predictions that have no more chance of being accurate than tomorrow's or next week's weather forecast - is that they know that no-one will be able to say "You got it hopelessly wrong!" until long after those doing the predicting are dead.

Reply to
Bruce

It took years for this very sensible idea to be adopted.

Previously, the requirement was to reinstate the excavated trench with granular materials, compacted in layers, followed by sub-base and asphalt. But it was almost always very badly done, such that remedial work was needed after a few months.

Reply to
Bruce

Its about 12 nano wales

Reply to
geoff

It won't change direction, it will just stop

Reply to
geoff