Electricity prices and VAT

Some of our elec bills have VAT at 5% and others at 17.5%! Is this normal :-)

Reply to
dave

Not sure - is one domestic and one commercial ? - perhaps that's the difference...

Reply to
Colin Wilson

You've asked that question here, have you actually asked your electricity supplier that question? Seems to me like the obvious thing to do......

Reply to
The Wanderer

5% is the rate for domestic and charitable non-business use. 17.5% is the rate for other uses, although, if the business part of the use is low enough, some mixed use supplies will all be at the lower rate.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

On Mon, 29 Jan 2007 00:12:03 GMT someone who may be dave wrote this:-

Are these bills for the same property, or different ones?

Others have explained the difference. It is something you need to sort out with your supplier(s).

Where some business is done at home, but most of the use is for domestic purposes, then there is usually some declaration to make to the supplier along those lines.

Reply to
David Hansen