Electricians rates

Page 2 of 2
"Dave Plowman" wrote | Owain wrote: | > Shouldn't need one in a BESA box if one is doing 'proper' conduit wiring. | A BESA box may have hook plates fitted for carrying a light fitting, and | those have no terminals.
True, but they also have no cord grip, so I suppose one shouldn't really be dropping a flex out of one to a luminaire on chain, and should use an adjacent box with a ceiling rose or a luminaire coupler for the electrickery.
| I'm pretty certain the ceramic types of ceiling rose haven't got any | either, although it's ages since I did any conduit work.
I've never seen a ceiling rose that didn't have terminals (usually only 2 though) in my Box Of Useful Bits No Longer Compliant (along wiht my coveted genuine ceramic Scruit(TM) wire nuts).
Owain

I know what Nitrate is. It's what you get paid after 7pm.
:-)) I'll get me coat.
--
http://www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com

On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 01:04:05 GMT, "BigWallop"

I'll open the door..... ;)
PoP
If you really must use the email address provided with my newsreader please be aware that the email is processed with spamcop. As a result your email to me might be treated as spam!

Can I supply the boot? De Walt, of course.
--
*I will always cherish the initial misconceptions I had about you