Electric or thermostatic shower?

No problems Dave. Luckily I know you from elsewhere ;)

Reply to
Paul Giverin

You must learn to read. I said "About 3 to 3.5 bar [normal for mains], which is over 3 times better than 90% of power shower pumps."

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

At least that's true. Judging by your hacksaw antics. So what are you?

Not judging by the rubbish you spout on here. If someone said 'I want my bath to fill quickly', your answer is to get a smaller bath. If the mains pressure is poor you quote some figure plucked from your head as being the norm, then reduce that figure when challenged.

So the chances of you specifying to someone's actual requirements are near zero.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Then you get a shower pump suited to the task. Unless you're saying they don't exist?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

My God! Does this turkey know how much, the size and price, and noise and vibration of a 4.5 bar pump? He thinks it is like a fish tank pump.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

His pills are wearing off. You are so naive=, you can't see you are just an object of fun. Keep it up and like having fun with you. I feel an ode coming on...

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Why would you need a 4.5 bar pump if 'normal' mains pressure is 3 bar?

One of these days you'll understand figures and what they mean.

However, a good shower needs volume as well as pressure. Don't you ever wash?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Thank gawd for that. The biggest waste of bandwidth ever. Even Phil Kyle wastes less.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

This fool has no focus whatsoever.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Yes all be glad of your caber tossing splutter snipped.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

No - or Prius. I drive a decent car.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Wonder what your first language is? Zog?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

304mm x 423mm x 247mm 34 litres/minute @ 4.75bar £203.28 trade 44.8 dBA @ 1 metre 14mm/s RMS @ 300Hz Rubber isolation feet, bronze pump housing and impeller TEFC single phase motor IP68

So nothing like a fish tank pump

Reply to
Matt

....plus VAT, which means you will be pay closer to £300, then the flexible and other fitting on top will make it probaly over £300. Some combi's are not that much more expensive, and do not put out 44.8 dBA @ 1 metre, of sound and vibrate the house down and never run out of hot water. Best go for an additional combi.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Is there a combi guild or something like that? A deeper magic (in CS Lewis speak)? Please tell us and we will understand that there is a Deeper Magic here.

I noted from a recent article published by the BBC that over 70% of people are not in favour of building on green field sites. I suppose that the remaining 30% think that it is and believe that combis cure world hunger, Bush's foreign policy and send helicopters to Mozambique.

Clearly these people never run out of hot water either and firmly believe that extracting a quart from a pint pot is eminently possible. They also believe that water and gas supply provisioning is infinite and that Poxi Batterton is a quality manufacturer. I imagine that they still believe that Tony Blair is an honest man.

Discuss.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Do you wnat to join?

That is because they are victims of propaganda. Tell people less than 7.5 % of the land is built on and they don't believe it; you never knew until I told you. They are so indoctrinated that they think half the country is paved. Well your sycophantic ways would to keep the stinking landowning rich, very rich. Must something to do with reptiles.

Was that in the survey too?

Still brainwashed by Thatcher and the Tory party aren't you. The Tory party has nothing to give 95% of the people of this country whatsoever.

We could all vote for them again, and have all those people living on the streets and mass poverty again. ..and have them issue free Makita's to Little Middle Englanders to put up high fences so they can't see the council houses.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

No. I am too much of an individualist and this smacks of one-size-fits-all.

Actually I did and most people are happy with that scenario. In fact

84% of people are against green belt reduction

"logic" is rather like asking people to vote in a referendum. Keep asking them until they give you the answer you want..

Really not very convincing, and most people can see through it.

More to do with democracy I would say.

Interesting observation since Tony Blurr has policies that are regularly to the right of the good Baroness.

The Makitas would be a good idea anyway. The homless situation has changed little, probably because the homeless have been convinced that a quick and short term fix with three year warranty is the way to go.

It never is.

Reply to
Andy Hall

You are also a very silly individual who has little of a clue.

You never, so don't tell lies.

Most people don't know.

No. Inform them of the facts. Then how the facts severly affect their quality of life, then they will not be like sheep.

I can see right through the lot. You don't need much brains to see the scam.

More to do with igniornace of the facts. I see no votes over land.

You are confused. Very much so.

You are in cloud cuckoo land.

Now the silly BBC article, with me putting them right:

The Tories are accusing ministers of turning the green belt into an "elastic band" as a study suggests 84% of people oppose building on undeveloped land.

Mori interviewed 931 people in England between 30 June and 4 July 2005 for the Campaign to Protect Rural England.

The results are revealed on the 50th anniversary of the first government circular telling councils to look at designating areas of green belt land. But ministers insist the green belt is being "maintained and increased". They say there are controls to stop inappropriate development in green belt areas. Campaign to Protect Rural England (CPRE) head of planning Henry Oliver said it was "under threat as never before".

He blamed "government plans for massive housing growth" in south-east England,

"speculators selling plots to gullible investors for silly prices way above agricultural value", and proposed new roads and airport runways.

These "cast a concrete blight

over some of the finest countryside within easy reach of big urban areas" and threatened "to relax the belt that has held the line against urban sprawl for decades", Mr Oliver added.

The government says the total area of green belt land in England has increased by about 19,000 hectares (47,000 acres) since 1997, with about a further potential 12,000 hectares (29,640 acres) proposed in emerging local plans.

"Nationally, a record 70% of all new building is now on brown-field land compared with 56% in 1997.

'Girdle' Conservative shadow local government secretary Caroline Spelman said green belt had increased in areas where there was little development pressure. But it had been removed in areas of high housing demand, with 2,500 acres of green belt built over each year.

"The green belt should be a girdle but what we have seen in the last eight years is that it has been made into an elastic band," she said.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

This is the classic justification of any tyrant.

Trotsky said this.

Of course. Most people are perfectly happy with the status quo.

Trouble is, I'm not; and that's awkward to the obfuscators.

Most people are happy with their houses and understand that they can buy something more if they wish to do so.

This is a difficult concept when you work on a counter in a plumber's merchant, I understand.

It's actually very good environmentally. Some brownfield sites are useful for nature, but many are not.

It is not consistent to be advocating pseudo environmentalism on the one hand such as inappropriate insulation that makes little difference, while on the other to be suggesting use of natural environment for building.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Which tyrant is that?

He never, I did. Boy are you dumb.

Most are ignorant of the facts , which have been kept from them.

I'm afraid you are.

They are not. They would like bigger and cheraper houses.

Most people cannot buy bigger as they are hocked up paying for one tiny shack.

About 1% is used for nature. Disgusting.

All insulation makes a difference.

You are mad. And coming from someone who drives around in a filthy diesel

4x4 with the aerodynamics of a brick. You are a one man pollution machine.
Reply to
Doctor Drivel