ecosheet?

heard a mention on the radio of 2K Manufacturing at Luton Airport, who claim to be making the env friendly answer to plywood. Possible interest to d-i-yers?

Spamlet

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Spamlet" saying something like:

They're pitching it as superior to shuttering ply, which is fairly tough stuff. Certainly seems as if it might be as good as or superior to WBP ply. One to keep an eye on, if the price is right.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Fecking expensive. I considered this stuff for my green roof. They'd barely talk to me, they wouldn't take in sensible quantities, and when they did come down to talk prices it might as well have been Honduran mahogany.

At least the other lot doing a similar product (sparkly ex-cellphones, pink wellies and shredded money too) are expensive, but helpful to one- off furniture makers.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Fecking expensive. I considered this stuff for my green roof. They'd barely talk to me, they wouldn't take in sensible quantities, and when they did come down to talk prices it might as well have been Honduran mahogany.

At least the other lot doing a similar product (sparkly ex-cellphones, pink wellies and shredded money too) are expensive, but helpful to one- off furniture makers.

And who might 'the other lot' be prey? S

Reply to
Spamlet

Giant killer Buzzards of course.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

In message , Grimly Curmudgeon wrote

It possibly breaks down in sunlight (UV) and gets brittle in a few years. Possibly not a problem with the stated usage.

Reply to
Alan

's also Centriforce in Liverpool and Barsmark north of Newcastle, who make similar but different sheets from recycled plastics.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Seems they're aiming it as a reusable alternative for cases where OSB or WBP is used and then chucked away, how many 8x4 sheets are used to encase building sites thesedays?

Reply to
Andy Burns

All the manufacturer-recommended applications are for temporary work.

What makes it unsuitable for permanent use?

If UV-degradation, why can't it be coated or used in non-exposed locations?

Does it have a problem with flammability/fire-resistance compared to the plywood equivalent?

Reply to
dom

sounds like stockboard, which is far too expensive

NT

Reply to
NT