earphones

I have tried several sites now but cannot find what I need. I am slightly deaf in my left ear so cannot hear sterio very well. I hear well with the right ear but miss a lot of what is playing throught the left earphone. Does anyone know of an in ear earphone (bud earphone) that has separate volume controls for each ear piece? I know I can get ear phones with volume control but they apply the control simultaneously to both ears. I suppose I coul try buying one with a volume control and then tranfer the controller from joint cable to the single wire. Just like binnoculars I could then set the master volume from the ipod and individual from the one wire. Even if you do not know of such an earphone can anyone direct me to a source of help? Thank you

Reply to
Stewart

Used to be able to get thse ages ago: also 'active' phones. Korg? was that the name? anyway big, hi=fi german and black,..

Howver the obvious answer is to get a small hifi amp with a balance cotrol and split chennel eq. controls. so you can boost what you need to, independently.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Not ready made, but its simple enough to add a volume reducing control to the right ear. Just a pot as a potential divider - suggest 47 ohms for medium impedance ear (32 ohm) or 22 ohms for low impedance (8ohm)). The control could be a plug-in so it would work with any headphones/earpieces easily. You'd need a plug, socket and pot, =A31 or

2 the lot. Would that do?

NT

Reply to
meow2222

I tried Maplin to see if they had anything like you suggest but they kind of put me off. Would what you are suggesting work with bud earphones and my Ipod? That is what I am seeking. Thank again

Not ready made, but its simple enough to add a volume reducing control to the right ear. Just a pot as a potential divider - suggest 47 ohms for medium impedance ear (32 ohm) or 22 ohms for low impedance (8ohm)). The control could be a plug-in so it would work with any headphones/earpieces easily. You'd need a plug, socket and pot, £1 or

2 the lot. Would that do?

NT

Reply to
Stewart