Double Ovens

Have looked at AEG DE4003020M & Zanussi ZOD35561XK they appear to be the same template and spec but 100 quid apart in pricing. Anyone know if Zanussi make for AEG ?

Reply to
Rob

Zanussi and AEG are both brands of Electrolux

Reply to
Andy Burns

On Tue, 12 Feb 2013, "Rob" writ:

Zanussi stopped producing years ago!

Add Electrolux to the list and the last time I looked they were made in Turkey at the same factory.

Dead give-away in my case was a design fault in an Electrolux double oven which was also present on the other brand versions.

All the names above and many more belong to the Swedish Electrolux corporation.

AEG is an expensive (costing) cosmetic finish on basically the same appliance in almost every case. The same goes for fridges, fridge/freezers, washing machines and dishwasher although the non-oven appliances were made in Italy last time I looked by a company who's name I forget.

Reply to
Percy

Merloni?

Reply to
John Rumm

Merloni are Hotpoint, Creda (white goods), Ariston, Indesit, and probably some others I've forgotten, but not the names the OP mentioned AFAIK.

That's not to say they don't subcontract manufacture of some goods to Merloni (I don't know). Even long before all the brand names were collasped into 2-3 companies, none of them manufactured more than around half their product ranges.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

What about Neff ?

Reply to
Rob

Neff is a branding from Siemens Bosch Domestic Appliances who AFAIK still make stuff (I used to work for Siemens)

Reply to
Bob Minchin