Double architrave switch - one cable

Hi all. I want to add lighting to a built in cabinet. I will spur off from a wall socket with 1mm sq cable. Can I spur off with 1 length of this cable and bridge from one set of terminals to the 2nd set inside the architrave switch?

Thanks.

Arthur

Reply to
artbag10

If the spur from the socket is protected with a fused spur using a 3A or 5A fuse - then YES.

Reply to
ARW

The Architrave Switch will be spurred directly off wall socket. There's no fuses inside the A/S.

Reply to
artbag10

You *must* fuse down through a fused connection unit before cabling to the switch. The switch and lights will not be adequate for connecting to a 20A or 32A socket circuit.

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Then you need a fuse somewhere else.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

You need a fuse.

Reply to
ARW

Yes of course. For a fuse you's usually use an FCU. I guess a mains plug feeding flex would also comply.

NT

Reply to
meow2222