Does an exiting chimney require a flue liner?

Page 2 of 2
On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 20:08:12 +0000, Ed Sirett wrote:

The simple answer is to phone up the building control officer and ask his advice.
However the regulations I have are fairly clear on this point.
And when I installed a wood burner and an aga in a brand new and perfectly sound brick chimney, they required me to line both.