DIY fun

Remind me - how many nipples does a male canine have?

Reply to
ARW

That pic is so badly 'shopped, I've submitted it to

Mike Tomlinson

You mean I spent all day filling in the reflective words on the front tyre from the flash?

Reply to
Simon Mason

Simon is bolder than I would be about posting details of domestic routines and now about absences from home.

I thought he might take more care with his personal details after recently discovering a couple of strange phantom withdrawals from bank accounts.

Reply to
pamela

His home address is easily found. Simon is a cyclist. Cyclists are not very bright.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

Their lights are TOO bright.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Simon Mason

How does this look?

436

My CV.

CV Simon John Mason DOB: 30 OCT 1958 HU10 7EJ FULL CLEAN DRIVING LICENCE

Grad RSC at HCHE 1981.

Laboratory Technician 1 DEC 1975 ? 1 NOV 1985 Croda Premier Oils, Stoneferry, Hull Edible Oil and Oilseed Analysis

Laboratory Technician 1 NOV 1985 ? 19 OCT 1987 Cargill Premier Oils, Stoneferry, Hull Edible Oil and Oilseed Analysis

Laboratory Analyst/Supervisor 21 OCT 1987 ? 30 OCT 2014 BP Chemicals, Saltend AAS/DIONEX/HPLC/Particle Size/ICP-ES/XRF/GC/Wet Analysis/KF/TOC analysis/DI ONEX/FTIR/IR/Manual Handling/Confined Space Gas Testing.

Reply to
Simon Mason

So, how does this make you an 'expert' on the BP share price ?.

The simple fact is all commodity stocks were massively oversold in Feb

2016 because of the economic oil war that Saudi is engineering, plus the wobbles that China has experienced since July 2014.

QED, buying almost any commodity stock was a one way bet at that time, even Anglo American is up about 5 times. BP only managed a 40% uplift.

Reply to
Andrew

It does not take a genius, for example, I sold all of my shares on 22 APR 1

0 for £6-22 and made a bomb, especially buying a load back at £3- 00 in July 2010 and selling them at £5-20 when we got into bed with Ro sneft on 21 MAR 13.
Reply to
Simon Mason

especially buying a load back at £3-00 in July 2010 and selling them at £5-20 when we got into bed with Rosneft on 21 MAR 13.

They were £6.77 in April 2006, so you could easily have made a loss selling at £6.22. Selling just prior to the BP Macondo disaster was *pure luck*. Even the best oil economist didn't see that coming and BPs share price tanked faster than you could have reacted.

Buying at £3.00 was a gamble, the dividend had been cancelled and it was obvious that the US authorities (and Obama) had it in their mind that a) BP was British and b) owned valuable US companies + assets and c) were closely linked to Russian oil resources. They (the US) were probably being leaned on by Exxon and Chevron and others to destroy BP so that BP assets could be hoovered up. And a lot of valuable stuff was sold. BP only survived as a separate company (I suspect) because of political interference.

If you had bought into Terry Smiths Fundsmith fund in 2010 you would now have made a gain of about 160% without any worries.

If you had bought Barratts, taylor Wimpey and Ashtead in September

2011 at 92p, 23p and 95p, by June 2015 those shares prices had risen to £6.30, £2.10 and £13.

If you had bought the 3i investment trust and IAG shares in July

2014, when both were about £3, by Jun 2015 you would have doubled your money. Dart shares were £2 in October 2014, but as Oil prices collapsed, it and IAG being massive oil users saw its share price shoot up to over £6 within 9 months.

Putting all your eggs in one basket (your employer) just because you think you understand it, can go horribly wrong. Just ask all the Railtrack employees who lost huge sums when Byers and Hewitt stole the Railtrack assets at the stroke of a government dictat.

Reply to
Andrew

With our SAYE 5 year scheme I saved £250 pm with an option price of £0.70 in 1993 and when they matured in 1998, they were worth £4.8

  1. So the £15000 I had put in was sold for £90000.

Also we had a 2 for 1 scheme whereby we put in £125 pm and they double d it to £375. Five years down the line in 1998, each £0.70 share we bought was coming out the system at £14.40 every month, or £22

50 in total.
Reply to
Simon Mason

On Monday, 31 October 2016 11:24:47 UTC, Andrew wrote: BP only survived as a separate

If Obama had bankrupted BP, his clam chowder sellers on The Gulf was have not seen one red cent in compo. Or, we could have done a Union Carbide and got British Gas to take us over and do a "not me Guv".

Reply to
Simon Mason

in compo. Or, we could have done a Union Carbide and got British Gas to take us over and do a "not me Guv".

'British Gas' is nothing to do with BG group, which is the company I presume that you meant !.

And the latter have been swallowed by Royal Dutch Shell (now).

Reply to
Andrew