DIY DVD System Repair?

Hello All

A long shot but here goes!

My Pioneer X4 DV303 DVD/CD Receiver unit has decided to stop outputing sound through the centre speakers resulting in no talking on DVDs whilst in 5.1 mode. My mate has exactly the same model and has had the same problem, the only difference is that he purchased his from john Lewis and paid =A3100 more but because of their 2 year gurantee has had it replaced FOC. Mine now is approaching 16 months old and well out of guarantee.

Does anyone know if it would be easy to do a DIY fix on this type of problem and how would I go about doing this? I really cant be bothered to package up and send to the repairers and end up paying =A3100, probably prefer to get a new one.

Any thoughts?

TIA=20

Richard

Reply to
r.rain

A long shot but here goes!

My Pioneer X4 DV303 DVD/CD Receiver unit has decided to stop outputing sound through the centre speakers resulting in no talking on DVDs whilst in 5.1 mode. My mate has exactly the same model and has had the same problem, the only difference is that he purchased his from john Lewis and paid £100 more but because of their 2 year gurantee has had it replaced FOC. Mine now is approaching 16 months old and well out of guarantee.

try

John

Ignore the guarantee. It doesn't sound like it was of "satisfactory=20 quality" to me - exercise your rights under the Sale of Goods Act for a=20 repair/replacement/refund from the retailer.

David

Reply to
David McNeish

But I would still post on the other group mentioned and see if you can get a bulk of opinion that this is a well known and common fault to help your case.

Reply to
Mike

Persuade your mate to allow you to swap over the guts of both units.... then send "his" back for repair under warranty again.

Well, it's a thought... I'll get my coat...

Reply to
Paul King

snipped-for-privacy@btinternet.com wrote in news:1107991621.029219.262810 @g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

The newsgroup uk.legal.moderated might have some legal help for you.

Reply to
diy

Where did you buy it from? It is likely that your statutory rights would apply and would overrule the guarantee. Your statutory rights apply to the retailer, NOT the manufacturer. The manufacturer has obligation to you when the guarantee expires.

Pioneer is marketed as a premium brand and the court is unlikely to regard

16 months as an unreasonable period for the device to work.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Depends on how much he paid for it, more than the make of system, although I suspect it isn't one of the 50 quid jobbies.

Reply to
adder1969

Rollox! Just worded a big reply and got a server error!

Anyway short reply this time. Thanks for all your feedback, I am pursuing the Sales of Goods Act. Didn't realise that the retailer is repsonsible for goods purchased up until 5 years!!!!

Cheers all

Richard

Reply to
r.rain

Lol. Your newsreader is broken as well as your DVD player. Sounds like you'd better get a different brand! :-)

Markus

Reply to
Markus Splenius

Or something other than BT as ISP