dismantle-able armchairs and setees?

I need to buy four matching setees for my house, but I'd really like something that can be *easily* moved from room to room. I guess that means it must be something that can be dismantled, e.g., by undoing a few bolts... Anyone know where I might obtain something like this?

Thanks

Jake

Reply to
M. Jakeman

Sofabeds are often lighter, because you can take the cushions / mattress off without dismantling.

A fully upholstered sofa that dismantles is rare, but most of the "settle style" (search for Gustav Stickley) frames that have visible wooden ends and bars between them carrying two large cushions will dismantle easily.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

"M. Jakeman" wrote | I need to buy four matching setees for my house, but I'd really like | something that can be *easily* moved from room to room. I guess that | means it must be something that can be dismantled, e.g., by undoing a | few bolts... Anyone know where I might obtain something like this?

Because the 'upholstery' is separate from the frame, you could consider futons, many come self-assembly but I don't know how repeatedly re-assemble-able they would be.

Otherwise you could consider the modular units which have ends, middles and corner units and can be grouped together. I don't know of any retail sources but these are often used as reception seating in offices or for hotels etc. ... Google perhaps ...

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Yes, that sounds like what I need. I will search. Thanks also to Andy for his helpful suggestions

Jake

Reply to
M. Jakeman