Disappointmet

I was brought up thinking the future would mean that we would all be wearing metallic suits without collars but:

  • We have subways that for some reason are poorly lit. (why?)

  • Road repairs are never as good as the original surface despite claims that the reinstatement will be as good.

  • We have roundabouts that need traffic lights.

  • Although a junction has 10,000 vehicles per day we have to spend loads of dosh because 10 cyclists used it one day 3 years ago and the odd wandering tramp tried to cross the road.

  • The Science Museum has a door that opens when you walk towards it - wow!

  • Roads designed for 50 MPH have 20 MPH limits impose even though they have railings to deter people from crossing - but they climb the railings.

  • People die trying to "improve" the appearance of Underground Trains.

  • If you improve your front garden it will increase the chances of it getting vandalised.

  • Councils no longer maintain anything - but happily commission new buildings - but claim to be environmentally aware.
Reply to
John

The commuter station I pass on the way does not have a carpark and there is no bus from where I live to either station

Reply to
TMC