DIN terminals AWG???

Went to RS componeents yesterday. Wanted 10mm DIN terms. At the trade counter they had to get an old catalogue out to find the things

In the new catalogue all the terminals seem to be in AWG

The 10 mm term's were listed in some weird AWG size in the latest catalogue, but it clearly stated 10mm weidmuller on the bag.

Farnell seem to be going down a similar route.

What's going on??

HN

Reply to
H. Neary

Americanisation?

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Obviously, but why?

Was it too easy ordering 10mm cable with 10mm terminals? Why must another factor be added.

Unfortunately I also deal with pipework and the plethora of size, fittings and threads is beyond belief.

If electrics go the same way I'll take up selling bendy bananas in pennyweights for a living!

Come to think about it I think I'll draught a letter to RS, threatning to take them to court f they don't also provide sizes in microfurlongs. It has to be a human rights violation if they ride roughshod over Ones national identity.

The thin end of the wedge! It may seem a minor irritation at the moment, but before long we will be saying "tomaytos" in Asda, going to the "washroom" and settling minor disputes with an automatic rifle.

Has anyone noticed how we seem to have lost chemists now.

HN

Reply to
H. Neary

Well I've noticed that 'gotten' has already made a toe hold in this forum :(

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

alan_m

Yes indeed.

They should be using SWG and a plague on AWG!

Reply to
Tim Watts