digital compass and magnetized batteries

Hello

In ref. to your query, we are OEM and can provide you the requisite non magnetic AAA cells from our company located in India.

Regards,

AK Gupta

+91-9992112879
Reply to
sesvrla

Just what I've been looking for all my life. Thanks. I'll sleep happy tonight.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Now if you had replied to Rusty's post of 3 years ago your post might have been of some assistance.

Reply to
Fredxxx

I was not aware that batteries contained anything that could be magnetised in any case. The mind boggles on how that got onto this news group. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

IIRC, alkaline batteries normally have steel exteriors, and some are contained in printed steel sleeves.

Reply to
John Williamson

Anyone trying to replace the carbon zinc AA cell in their venerable moving coil multimeter will understand only too well the issue of _steel_ clad alkaline cells.

I've no doubt most such proud owners have already twigged to the benefit of 'cheap' carbon zinc cells sold in pound shops but just in case, this is where you're likely to find 'non magnetic' AA cells suitable for just such use.

Reply to
Johny B Good

Duracell plus AA Duracell Procell 9V, bith stick to magnets, havent tried magnatising them though.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Carbon is better for ultra low current stuff anyway. Like clocks and multimeters. Better shelf life.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Checking the header fails to reveal any clue as to the date of the OP. I'm guessing you did what I just did and googled "digital compass and magnetized batteries" to find the googlgroups entry.

It's even worse than that. Rusty mentions that he's reffering to a FIVE year old posting when he posted his query 15 Apr 2011.

As for whisky-dave, who's just posted, I think you'll find those cells _are_ now magnetised. :-)

Reply to
Johny B Good

You "swing" it to use the naval jargon.

Robert