DHW heat exchangers

Anyone know of any sources for obtaining used secondary heat exchangers from ? Looking for the metal plate variety typically present in combination boilers to provide the on-demand HW heating. The application I'm looking to use one for is for cooling homebrew brew after it's been boiled during the brewing process so the make/model isn't important :-)

Cheers!

Reply to
Andy

You can get them new from GEA Ecobraze. I'd probably prefer new ones for a potable application. They might be a bit *too* expensive, though, although there's no harm is asking if they've got some customer specials that were never collected or something.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

I have one that I'd be happy to sell. It's brand new, unused, but has been stored for a couple of years. I bought it for a project that never got built.

Reply to
Grunff

Grunff,

You got mail.

Reply to
Andy

That looks like the same one on the Gledhill thermal stores. Very efficient. How much was it new?

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Thanks.

Anyone here care to suggest how much a 2 year old unused heat exchanger is worth?

Reply to
Grunff

How much new? And from who?

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

If I knew that...

I really can't remember - it was a couple of years ago, and I wasn't paying attention.

Reply to
Grunff

This looks like the model that can deliver 45 litres/min.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

I remember it was a high capacity one, >100kW.

Reply to
Grunff

About 80 or 90 new?

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Sounds plausible. I probably have the receipt in an old file box, but I just can't be bothered to look through a great big pile.

Reply to
Grunff

When I worked in Oxfam the electrician used to price stuff on the basis of one-third of the new price.

It's hardly the sort of thing that's likely to start a bidding war on ebay.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

I found 30 feet of clear plastic pipe immersed in water in the sink, and used as a syphon tube effective for that purpose. I didn't want to use copper or other metal after seeing copper dissolve in (slightly) acidic water.

Reply to
<me9