Descaling Taps safely...?

Hi

I have recently had a go at descaling my 3 years old Bristan

1901chrome bath taps with conventional descaler.

I left for about 30 mins but when I went to wash off it had marked one of the taps. I have polished the worst out but the finish is not as good as it was. It is standard domestic descaler.

I tried to get Bristan to accept that it was substandard plating as its OK on the basin taps and has been numerous times before... But they won't accept it.

So, any comments on 1.) How to further polish out the clouding and 2.) what to use in future to remove limescale without further damaging the plating?

Cheers

MG

**REMOVE** 'myhat' from my return email address before sending!!
Reply to
MG