Gledhill Boilermate descaling

I'm just about to move my boilermate to a new location, and it was suggested that I should descale the DHW coil at the same time. I'm beginning to think this is a good idea as the hot water flow has definitely decreased in the 8 years we have lived here.

Can anyone suggest a way of doing this? I've gathered that the job is not easy, and paying for a powerflush goes against the grain somewhat.

Alternatively, I could consider changing the DHW to an external plate exchanger rather than the internal coil which would be easier to maintain in the future and should give an immediate increase in flow. This would have to share its supply with the CH though as there are no other connections available on the store. Unless anyone has any other suggestions?

Reply to
nickd