Damn Metric System

Hi All

Been laying 600 x 600 slabs all day, absolutely knackered.

Just realised why - those 600 x 600 slabs weigh a lot more than the old 24" x 24" ones used to and the 25 kilo bags of mortar are much heavier than the old 56 lb bags where.

Not to mention the ground is now further away than it used to be.

I blame the metric system.

Dave

Reply to
david lang

'Ello :)

I've noticed that too, and gravity is stronger than it used to be.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot

Assuming equal thickness the 600x600 slabs are 3.2256% lighter than 24 x 24 slabs

The 25kg bags are 1.607% less than the 56lb ones.

You usually shrink with age so the ground is closer

So its clearly not the metric system. Blame the French instead ;-)

Reply to
Matt

Mungo is right, gravity is definitely getting stronger, I've noticed it in particular since I reached 60. :-(

Reply to
Broadback

I blame the parents.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

No, it's the stronger gravity holding your feet to the bed.

If you try and get out of bed too quickly the strong gravity will pull your head down to the floor.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

But it only appears to take effect after noon - I find it a real struggle to get my feet on the floor when the alarm clock goes off.

Reply to
Steve Walker

Yes - the alarm has no effect whatsoever.

Pressure in the bladder is another story ...

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher