Curved internal wall

Hi all,
We've started working on redocorating our downstairs toilet - this has quite a bit of pipework that we'd like to cover up. The previous decorator had (badly) built simple boxes out of odd scraps of timber covered with ply. Particularly difficult to hide away is the 10cm diameter pipe that runs vertically up one of the back corners (soil stack?), although the other corner also contains some old pipe work.
Our grand plan involves having a sweeping curve in each corner to cover the pipework up (radius of about 35cm). How best to achieve this?
Thanks - Adam...

Make formers for the bend out of wood. Position these around once every 30cm up the wall. Get wire meshing and attach to the formers and bend into shape to give a consistent curve. Apply one coat plaster. Skimming could be problematic on a curved surface.
Not very good for subsequent access, I'll admit! You'll probably think of a better solution.
My preferred would be to just bring the wall forward 15cm with plasterboard. You might even be able to use a concealed cistern toilet then, which is much neater looking and cleaner.
Christian.

Thanks Christian. That was basically what I was thinking of doing, but now that I know you can get curving MDF I'm going to try that.
Adam wrote:

Plasterboard will also bend if soaked in water.
On 17 Feb 2004 06:28:38 -0800, adam snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Adam) wrote:

slightly first and\or leave it stood against a wall for a bit, it'll curve on it's own. Or you could use bendy MDF\ply, you can get it with grooves on one side that allow it to bend. Either way build a studwork frame behind curved at about the right angle and secure whichever material you use to it. If you use plasterboard and skim it it's fairly easy to iron out any slight imperfections in the frame and board with a level coat of finish. ..
SJW A.C.S. Ltd.

we did some work at Old Trafford football ground, we worked next to a plasterer who plastered a curved wall, he even put a pattern in the plaster and finished it off by putting a sheen in the plaster with a polisher. Fabulous job. Not sure how the wall was prepared. just wanted to let you know it is possible plaster a curved wall, if you find the right plasterer. rob

or whatever is accurately cut and wedged between 2 battens, you should be able to create a precise radius. Getting the plaster to bond to it might be a problem but I guess you could etch the plastic with a strong solvent. I'll get me coat.
Adam wrote:

MDF that curves. The sheds have it.

Nice one, thank you Bill. I'll check that out on Saturday...