Cuprinol Fence Sprayer

Looking at these in local B&Q. I have a spraygun which came with an air compressor I bought some years ago, as well as something described as a "paraffin sprayer". Despite warnings on the containers of Cuprinol fluid, to the effect that if it was used with "any other spray equipment" it wouldn't work properly, I wondered if this was true and if not, which of the sprayers I have would be most suitable for painting a wooden fence?

Regards and thanks in advance

Pat Macguire

Reply to
Syke

which of the

Pat,

I manged to totally clog up and jam my garden sprayer (pump up Hozelock thing) by spraying the garden shed with Cuprinol. It went ok to begin with but then the solvent in the cuprinol affected the various 'o' rings and seals, which swelled up and jammed.

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

You can use your spraygun, it'll work fine as long as the nozzle is coarse enough. If it has a fine nozzle, you may need to purchase a coarser one. Try it.

Reply to
Grunff

If your cuprinol is in a metal can, remember to filter it before loading into the sprayer... otherwise you will spend ages clearing little rust partial blockages from the nozzle (DAMHIK)

Reply to
John Rumm

DAMHIK ?

John