cracked WC cistern

does anyone know how to repair a cracked WC cistern if it is possible?

Reply to
SkintRich

Cisterns are really not that expensive to replace, But you could try sealing the crack with some type of silicone sealent on the inside, you would need to remove cistern and clean and dry it effectivley first.

Reply to
Alex

They are expensive if they are in some obsolete colour. We had dark mink coloured suite (not our choice) and the cistern got broke by an elderly relative. We claimed on the household insurance. The loss adjuster said it would cost £750 to have one custom made. I persuaded ins coy to give me the £750 with which I redid the whole bathroom in white.

Reply to
BillR

I read an article in a local paper about some bloke near Luton who has collected a large number of old loos, washbasins, etc and cleaned them up and resells them. His market is mainly insurance companies dealing with claims for broken parts from

20-year old suites.
Reply to
Andrew Gabriel