Council planning 8.5m extension to neighbour's house. Can we get recompense for any loss in property value?

In article , Trojan Hussar writes

I think there are Building Research Establishment guidelines for daylight impact which you might want to google for. In Scotland you can request a Daylight Impact Analysis so you may be able to request the same in your area. Without such an analysis being requested and the results failing the guidelines you won't have a leg to stand on, subjective analysis is just no good. Also, I don't think the demands are that onerous so you probably won't get far in any case, sorry.

Reply to
fred

There are consultants who will do this for you (at a price of course) with the benefit that they are providing hard numbers ("this room currently enjoys 3.3 hours of sunshine; if the proposal is built this will reduce to 1.2 hours") and planners will take their reports more seriously than your vague assertion that it will cause overshadowing. But, as you imply, the report may end up proving that the modest requirements of the LPA are not being contravened.

Reply to
Tony Bryer