Is There a Minimum Bedroom Size ??

Is there an official minimum size a room must be before it can be described as a bedroom?

Is there a minimum size according to building regulations?

Reply to
liz

google 'capsule hotel'

NT

Reply to
bigcat

My architect pocket guide has a single bed 1900x900. So if the door opened outward, and the bed took up the whole room .....

As to if anybody would buy sich a house, thats a different questions - best ask Ms Beeny.

Rick

Reply to
Rick

Our last house had tiny bed rooms, just big enough to get beds in and yes, it was a bugger to sell.

The main bed room was so small and tight, I remember opening the curtains one morning and burning me nob on the radiator (ouch, that woke me up!) Don't worry, no lasting effects and you can thank me later for sharing that with you.

So if you don't want to replicate my little incident...think nice sized comfortable bedrooms.

Reply to
RedOnRed

When we were looking for our first place we were shown round a flat where the bedroom was so small the bed touched three walls. I have no idea how they got it in there - I assume it must have been built in. The walk way down the one free side was only about 18 inches as well. The biggest joke though was the "hall" it had the bathroom, living room, bedroom and front door opening _into_ it. This resulting the bizarre situation where only one person could change rooms at a time. It was like some strange logic puzzle. I swear half the time spent looking round that place was just trying to get from room to room.

Reply to
doozer

Dunno. A couple of months ago I rang an estate agent to complain about their describing a room as a bedroom, when it couldn't take a standard sized single bed. He was a bit miffed, and said that of course it was possible to get a bed in there. Would've been a small one, & a tight fit, too (ooh-err!).

Reply to
Chris Bacon

I think there is a minimum size if you rent the house as a house in multiple occupation (a tiny room I had in a rented house would have been too small to be classed as a bedroom if the house had been rented as a house in multiple occupation); not sure about in terms of selling, though...

Jon

Reply to
Jon

No.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Dog bed.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I once had a bedroom that was 5'11" by 16'. I could touch two of the walls opposite each other if I stretched my arms out. Very annoying that I had to always have the bed lengthways. But last year I was helping some Polish friends find a flat, and there was one bedroom in one of the houses where one of them lay on the floor, stretched out their hands and feet and touched the four corners. I'm sure the agent was certain that they weren't going to rent it when he saw that.

Marcus

Reply to
Marcus Fox