cost saving for mad hatters

I don't keep any rays out of my house. I keep infra red rays in.

Reply to
harryagain

This was really designed for a more serious purpose, but it works to reduce radiation as well. I find it very effective.

nemo

What surprises me about people like that lady is that they have absolutely no concept of scientific method yet they are really confident in their assertions about scientific matters. She's a member of the Green Party by the way. Let that slip the last time we spoke.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Try touching two terminals with a PD of 6V to two points half an inch apart on the most sensitive part of your knob end.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

I never humour her. I listen to her, and from time to time I try to educate her. She knows how sceptical I am.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Oh ..just as it was all getting interesting.

Tell her the green party is actually run by little green women.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

These are more stylish:

Max Demian

If this is a lead in to one of your rigger's tales, in which you explain how you discovered that, please, no pictures!

Especially not the high resolution ones you're famed for :)

Reply to
Mike

Reply to
brightside S9

Thert's money to be made out of them. Look here

Trouble is he actually believes all the crap.

Reply to
brightside S9

I sincerely hope the sluggish response is due to DDNS and not an overloaded commercially hosted web server. I'm finding it slow going trying to ascertain what his views are, other than what the link names hint at.

Well, I've gotten to this page, 3 links on;

It seems clear to me that it's simply a money making scam preying on the feeble minded. Similar to Russ Andrews' sales technique except, in Russ's case where he's merely targetting the folk with way more money than sense (and therefore excusable), this is a totally despicable scam operation, targetting the folk who are obviously in need of "Care in the community".

The trouble is, this David Boyle is far from alone in this activity. The only unusual feature being that it's a UK based operation. Most of his fellow sharks operate stateside, targetting an even bigger pool of hapless victims of a failed education system.

Reply to
Johny B Good

Bill Wright scribbled...

Ta

Reply to
Artic

As a radio ham, I dread the prospect of these kind of nutty views becoming mainstream. I get enough objections to my antennas on asthetic grounds without dragging totally unsupported scientific claims about radiation dangers into the picture!

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Dangers from radiation have indeed been used to support objections to the erection of amateur aerials. Fortunately, in the case of VHF and UHF aerials at the tops of masts and towers, the amateur can correctly claim that the radiation at lower levels is reduced when the aerial is raised well above roof-top level.

Reply to
Ian Jackson

Wonderful!

Reply to
newshound

In article , Ian Jackson scribeth thus

Sometimes people are absolutely certain that those damm aerials are giving then no end of gyp when there not connected to anything even;!...

Reply to
tony sayer

I wonder if that explains the hoody fashion?

Reply to
dennis

Don't forget about the 'artisan' baker in Kent who objected to a street-pole cellular mast on the basis that it would affect his dough and change the flavour. Can't remember the outcome unfortunately.

Oh, and also don't forget before you go to bed that you must put those plastic protection 'plugs' into all of your unused mains sockets to prevent the electricity leaking out during the night...............

Reply to
Woody

How good is her French?

Give her a copy of the book "Quand l?aluminium nous empoisonne" (When aluminium poisons us) by Virginie Belle.

(The author) highlights studies that support her assertion that the metal, which plays no role in nor is of any interest to the human body, is thought to be a cause of cancer and neurological diseases.

I'm sure she will welcome the extra information.

Reply to
Sam Plusnet

Remember Camelford.

There is lots of information about the toxicity of aluminium in various forms.

Almost 1400 human-related papers on PubMed. E.g.

At the same time, I think many of those spouting about it are likely bonkers and have never read a single decent paper about it. (No expert here! Just that it does appear to be an issue in some circumstances. But it also seems impossible to entirely avoid aluminium-containing substances on a planet where the crust is around 8% aluminium.)

Reply to
polygonum