cost saving for mad hatters

I have occasional conversations with a woman who has moved house three times because of radio waves entering her brain at each location and making her ill. She has metallic mesh over all the windows. Her latest house had a redundant VHF FM aerial with no downlead which she spotted and decided was the reason she felt ill whenever she went near the TV set. The FM aerial was removed and the symptoms she felt were greatly reduced. She has bought a variety of RF meters (mostly from the USA) which give 'confusing' results. Last year her dog developed a small cancerous lump which was, she felt sure, caused by the cellphone tower that she could see from the bedroom window.

Today I made a discovery that I think will help her and other sufferers. In Range I found a roll of aluminium cooking foil. It was 75m long by

450mm wide, and was the thick stuff that is quite strong. The price was £6.79, which is 9p per metre. It was labelled 'catering quality'. At home I discovered that this product is exactly the same as a product branded 'Bacofoil, which is sold in 6.5m rolls ('5m plus 1.5m 'free'') at £2.49. That's 38p per metre. When I say 'exactly the same' the two products are made in the same factory and have the same reference number on the little tag that keeps the roll from unrolling. The thickness appears to be exactly the same. The only difference is, the Bacofoil branded roll has a faint criss-cross pattern embossed on it. How this makes it a better product I don't know.

The woman who rings me from time to time will be delighted with this news, since she uses a massive amount of cooking foil, not least to wrap around her head and line her bra. The dog's basket apparently also looks very swish with its silver paper covering.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

That's OK for her head, but what about the rest of her body? She really needs one of these:

a snip at £161!

Reply to
Chris Hogg

price was

33.75 sq m or 20.1p/sq m

'free'')

2.925 sq m or 85p/sq m

CostCo?

21 Jun '11 Foil 200m x 30cm £11.46 inc VAT

60 sq m or 19.1p/sq m (but note the date)

Cling film is also cheap:

9 Jul '12 Cling Film 400m x 34.5cm £3.69 inc VAT

These are "catering quality" and both are heavier duty than normal supermarket foil and film.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

In article , Bill Wright scribeth thus

Look at it as a "sales opportunity" to the desperate like Russ Andrews does..

Buy these in and sell them to her at a 200% mark-up;)...

tony sayer

Hmm, wellits much the same for IPA. If you buy it for tape path cleaning nowadays, its very expensive in little plastic bottles, but if you buy a big can from cpc, its very much cheaper.

I suppose I should comment about this persons radio wave issue, but really its hard to be sure if she is completely hat stand or just misguided.

Have you explained the inverse su quare law to her?

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Mediaeval aluminium??

Reply to
Jon Fairbairn

Burkafoil.

Reply to
Graham.

But does it constitute a CPC?

Reply to
newshound

ROFLMAO ;-)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

The Range

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

I've explained it several times. I've explained it in the context a cellphone base 200m away versus a cellphone clamped to one's lughole. Also in other contexts. It's a waste of time. There's no comprehension whatsoever, plus an element of, "You might say that but... "...many things are unknown to science." "...I have to go on my own experience, not on theory." "... etc."

Yet she's not stupid. It's as if the parts of her brain concerned with logical deduction and evidence are missing."

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Maybe we should introduce her to Harry, then. They'd have a lot in common.

Reply to
John Williamson

They've probably already been damaged by "those evil rays" :-)

Talking of strange senses, I have a friend whose her fingers are sensitive enough to feel voltages as low as 5V. She apparently was quite popular at university with the electronic engineers for her ability to run her fingers over a PCB and diagnose which tracks had 5V and which didn't. Even with wet hands to increase the skin conductivity, being able to feel a tingle from as little as 5V seems remarkable. I tested her and she accurately sorted a pile of AA 1.5V batteries into fully-charged and flat by holding each between thumb and forefinger.

She once got a "severe jolt" when she happened to touch something in her car that was at 12V as she was driving, and had to stop for a while to let her arms recover before she could drive on. Having this sort of hyper-sensitivity is no joke, it seems.

Reply to
NY

More like an FC.

Graham.

Shocking!

IGMC.

Reply to
Phil Cook

On Wed, 22 Jan 2014 04:43:55 +0000, Bill Wright wrote: Bill

Bonkers! Don't pander to psychotic people like this, their delusions need to be challenged according to the latest thinking on the subject. *Never* humour them!

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Never is a very strong word to use in this context, and it's bollocks. Sure, try a bit, but if you're not going to change their mind, so long as it's not causing too much harm why not let people be a bit crazy?

Reply to
Clive George

harryagain

harryagain