Cost of scaffolding

Hi anyone know what a guide price to erect scaffolding would be:

Suburban north London - unrestricted parking. All materials to be brought through the house. One straight run of about 6m and two storeys high to gain access for the guttering and windows?

Is it a one off cost or weekly/monthly hire?

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Brother in law has just had a set, right up to the roof. I can find out what he paid.

George

Reply to
George

Usually a one-off cost for erection and removal, plus weekly hire. Weekly hire can be very cheap if the scaff company haven't got it hired out to anybody else.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Almost every scaffolding firm has slightly different hire contracts/rates The answer is to ring a few, in Sussex what you are asking would be about £500 fixed price for upto 3 months.

-
Reply to
Mark

I had the back of mine done to reach the second floor window - full width of the house and above a conservatory. Was up for two weeks and cost 200 quid. Access down the side of the house, but quite tight. So everything had to be carried in from the street.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Last time I had some (three years ago) it was a flat price to erect and collect, and they were not fussed how long I had it. £500 for a lap of a semi at roof level.

Varies - both are available. Some will even sell it which can be good if you want it for ages.

Reply to
John Rumm

How was the 'above a conservatory' portion achieved? Was t scafolding made of vertical support poles and the conservatory 'just happened' to fit between poles , or was the some clever trussed horizontals spanning the conservatory?

I'm trying to gather some background in whether to proceed with a loft conversion first; - which would simplify scaffolding but make living in the house difficult - or a ground floor extension first - which would make living easier but require scaffolding to span 6m (plus) extension.

I've not approached scaffolders for a quote ~ scared at them replying ;- 'how big is you bank balance?'

snip

Reply to
Brian Sharrock

The conservatory is quite small and is in the corner between the main house and rear addition. They used the window sills of two first floor windows (one on main house one on rear addition) to take the load on the house side of the scaffolding. Only ordinary poles used.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Pretty much exactly this in Bedfordshire was £300 for 4 weeks, and then £10/week thereafter. I paid £10 extra for a rope and pully too. I got the impression they wouldn't bother with the extra weekly charge unless it added up to something substantial.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

If you are in folkestone it's several times that for any scaffolding at the moment. It's bits of the town are still covered in the stuff following the earthquake.

A friend up the road had a quote of 490 quid for some to repoint the back chimney. In the quake it fell down - cost him nearly 2k for the same company. 400% increase in price in a week :-/

Darren

Reply to
dmc