Scaffolding

Had the rear addition of the house scaffolded to fit a new window and boiler. Just asked a firm which were working on a neighbour's house. They quoted what seemed reasonable - 150 quid cash - and came to do it when they said and exactly as I wanted. The foreman or whatever just wrote down a mobile contact number for me to phone when I was finished with it. Their truck wasn't sign written.

Somewhat over a month ago I was finished with it and phoned the number - only to go to voicemail. Left a message. As I did over the next few days. Thought they might be on holiday. About a week ago finally got through and spoke to the guy. He said he'd get back to me. Hasn't. Keep getting his voicemail...

There must be many hundred pounds worth of their stock here. But I'm rather fed up providing free storage. What are my options?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Surely you must know some roadies setting up for a pop concert in the near future :-)

Reply to
Andy Hall

Hide it before the firm that it really belongs to finds out you have it;-)

You see, if you pay up front, there is no incentive to get it taken down.

It will stay up till its needed elsewhere.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Any of these do?

Bruce

I can assure you it won't. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I always thought that that was "the other half" of the scaffolding industry: there's no actual scaffolding yards, anywhere. Just a load of really fly geezers who know exactly what they've got, and where!

Further: I bet you paid for stuff that some big company (somewhere) thinks is still stuck up against their building, and for which they're also paying, until _their_ job is completed.

There's been a couple of big building projects going on outside my office window for the last year. What an eye opener it's been, on the building industry.

Don't forget though Dave: you can take it all down, flog it, and if the geezer ever turns up again, you can say that a bunch of blokes in yellow jackets and an unmarked truck came and took it all away (singing lustily).

John

Reply to
jal

Decide on "your" colour scheme say blue with pink stripes. Brand your poles, fleets and clamps. (scaffolding equipment is like sheep on summer grazing).

Offer to put up scaffolding for a neighbour 8-)

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Ah so you mean it's like pyramid selling? You pay the guy, he comes and fixes it and promptly disappears. Then you sell it on. In the meantime the scaffolding itself is a couple of steps beyond the investigations of plod into the whereabouts of said scaffolding. That kind of idea?

Reply to
Andy Hall

I think the idea is more like multi-level procurement. 8-)

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Got hold of the guy today - says they called last week to remove it and no-one at home. Despite being told to make an appointment first. Promises to be here at 8am Monday.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Maybe he's a regular on uk.d-i-y :-)

Don

Reply to
Donwill

Of course they didn't turn up. Or phone. I phoned at about 11 to be told they didn't work when it was raining. Or make phone calls, obviously. Threatened dire things and they promised to come today at 8. Luckily was in the kitchen at 0730 when there was a tap on the front door. For some reason they don't use doorbells or door knockers. Had I been elsewhere in the house I wouldn't have heard them. So it's finally gone after almost exactly 6 weeks from first asking.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

In article , Dave Plowman (News) scribeth thus

Trust you charged them rental for it. OTOH seeing the price of scrap metal these days wonder the Pikeys didn't have it away;!..

Reply to
tony sayer

Scaffolders are delicate and sensitive souls who can't tolerate any loud or sudden noise :-)

Owain

Reply to
Owain