Corsakiller

Hi All,

I think I might have killed my Corsa.

It's the 3 Cyl 1.0 model and i've always driven it fairly hard. But recently i've gone from doing 100ish miles a week to 100 miles a day. Also, I didn't tighten one of the plugs up properly when I changed them recently. This resulted in a bad misfire and the plug was fouled apparently with oil. I replaced the plugs while the engine was hot and tightened them as tight as I dared.

Since then, the engine is fine unless you ask it to either accelerate hard, or else climb a hill (I know it's only a 1.0 and I have modified my driving style somewhat).

When I took the plugs out to have another look, the "offending" cylinder's plug (middle of the 3) is sooty.

The mechanic who used to service it suggested it might be the three pronged coilpack affair (sort of coil(s) and plug leads in one unit). but i've been quoted over =A3100 for one of those, so I thought i'd ask for the wisdom of the group before I went ahead.

Another mechanic did suggest some magic Snake Oil (Cataclean) to clean the injectors, but I can't see this having much effect on either the injectors or the problem (How do you clean injectors really??)

TIA

Chris

Reply to
cpvh