Corrugated roof hole - how to fix

Hi,

I have a shed which has the plastic corrugated roofing on it.

One sheet has a hole in it which is approx 2inches by 1 inch. There is a small crack leading off from it but the hole and crack is so small I was wondering if I could just fix the hole somehow to prevent me from getting a new sheet.

So, can anyone recommend what I should use to fill the hole, and how I should do it.

I was thinking of doing it the way you repair a hole in a plasterboard wall, i.e. I would put a bit of plastic on the underneath whilst I fill the hole with some filler type material - but I done know what I could use to fill the hole

Is this the best way to do this?

Thanks

Bhupesh

Reply to
bp

I have used pvc tape (the yellow and black type used for marking areas on floors) cos I had a roll in stock one piece on the top one on the underside lasted for years

I guess that a piece of flexible transparent packaging from something like a fruit punnet could be cut to size and stuck on with clear silicone. Probably even bend it to shape with the help of a hairdryer

Tony

Reply to
TMC

driling ahole at the end of the crack stops it spreading. Unless of course the drilling creates 6 more cracks... 'Well the reason we called it swiss cheese cottage is...'

NT

Reply to
meow2222

If its PVC simply get a bit more of the same and glue it on top with PVC cement - as used in welded waste pipes.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

thats easier. Clean it well first.

NT