Cooker switch question

I agree it's ugly. However, you can get plain 45 amp switches in the two gang size to match pretty well any accessories. Have a look at TLC for their range.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Ah, OK, you've nothing to worry about there. The "cooker shouldn't be on the RCD side" comments refer to the traditional separate cooker circuit for electric hob and oven(s). With a gas hob and single

Reply to
Andy Wade

I think so too. I haven't read all the details but apparently there is something of a spat betwixt CORGI and the HSE when the latter suggested that there ought to be a second club for gas (which would keep CORGI somewhat more cost conscious than they have been to date).

Frankly unless the second club and the HSE went all out on a public education to tell people that gas professionals aren't necessarily CORGI registered. .... yeah right.

Also, I guess most of us would stick with CORGI because at least one in 3 customers won't be up to speed on the matter.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Personally I like having all sockets RCD protected unless there is a specific reason for them not being protected (like one supplying a freezer). It seems the regulations are edging that way as well.

Reply to
John Rumm

How about rewiring with surface mounted sockets. Run cables up to them in stick on mini trunking. When it comes time to redo the kitchen, you can chase it all into the wall then.

Reply to
John Rumm

On Wed, 07 Jun 2006 17:11:45 +0100 someone who may be Tom wrote this:-

I do hope this trainee is not putting sockets in for all these things. In general, they should all be wired into connection units.

Reply to
David Hansen

Quite so. The property was built in the early '70s, so there's some excuse for the lack of sockets. What is inexcusable is that when the kitchen was remodelled at a later date (not by me), explicitly moving from a gas hob+oven to electric, additional sockets were not added, other than the combined one for the cooker, whereas additional sockets were added in other rooms. It may have had something to do with the fact that walls, floor and ceiling are all solid concrete.

Thanks,

Sid

Reply to
unopened

I'd love to, and when I get a round tuit, I shall. The consumer unit has enough spare capacity for a new ring supplying solely the kitchen, and a non-RCD protected spur for the fridge/freezer - but even routing mini- or not-so-mini- trunking is not going to be easy.

Cheers.

Sid

Reply to
unopened