Cooker hood question

Two years ago we were given a brand new 90 cm cooker hood, with its receipt. The booklet was inadequate to say the least (although in a score of languages!) and there was no manufacturer's name or address. Because it was a gift we couldn't complain.

The shroud for the motor has deteriorated to the point of breaking up. Spouse has repaired it but would like to know if it's possible to obtain a new part. Are such things standard?

If necessary I'll be happy to have a completely new motor unit. Or even remove the original motor unit and fit an extractor fan into the wall at the outlet of the 'chimney'.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

There is a very high chance that the manufacturer of the hood is Elica, an Italian company.

They make almost all cooker hoods sold in Europe, either under their own or private label basis.

The UK distributor is DR Cookerhoods in Farnborough.

See if you can find yours or something similar. Otherwise, give them a call. I found them pretty helpful

Reply to
Andy Hall

Thanks, Andy, I'll give it a try.

Mary