cooker hood

I have a old cooker hood over my cooker as part of the work units - the type that when you open the 'door' it can start either the light, or fan, or both. It is linked to a vent in an outside wall.

There is also an opening on the top of the work units over the fan, and this causes the ceiling to get covered in grease deposits (which then attract dust) and is a pain to periodically.

Does anyone know if I can safely cover the hole on top of the work unit?

thanks

Reply to
Valerie

If it's vented to the outside from the back of the unit, the top hole should be covered with a circular plastic cover. It only there as an alternative route and can be blocked up..

Andy

Reply to
Andy Pandy

Thanks I've now used a small piece of broken paving stone that I had lying around. The hood's old so doubt I could find the part anywhere on line (I've tried looking for the hood online without sucess. I guess the builders just forgot to put the cover on.

Val

Andy Pandy wrote:

Reply to
Valerie

You wont get a replacement separately now, apart from off an old one.

You would get a better seal by running a bead of mastic around the hole - cleaning of the grease first ;-) - and placing a suitable sized piece of hardboard over the top or even better, something plastic faced.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Pandy

On 6 Oct 2005 09:09:55 -0700, "Valerie" scrawled:

And it is vented outside?

Personally, I wouldn't throw a bit of paving slab on it, maybe a piece of plastic siliconed on would be better.

Reply to
Lurch