Connector for Freelander.

In an idle 45 minutes, sitting in the car waiting for my wife to emerge from the shoe shop, I decided to investigate why the courtesy lights on the Freelander were not working. It turned out to be a broken and corroded connector that pushes onto three fingers on a PCB.

Before I give up and permanently solder the wires TO the PCB I thought I would ask here in case there is a cats chance in hell that a replacement connector block and crimp on connectors is available.

I have no idea who makes the relevant connector. If necessary I can photo it and post a link..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

reckon so

Reply to
Jim K

It probably is but finding the right one could be a challenge. This is where I would look:

Also it would be helpful if you could measure the pitch (spacing between the pins).

Reply to
Gareth

Many thanks for that. I have realised that I can easily make up a 3 pin pair to flying leads and use that, if needs be,

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I seem to have spent half my life looking for the correct connectors to mate with the various parts of my MegaSquirt/EDIS conversion, so a pic of your connector might ring a bell.

Who owned Land Rover when yours was made?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

It sounds like a fair offer. But the owner of the connector will require a cash adjustment in recognition of the greater value of the connector.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Ok, its a freelander, its only 8 years old and I looked at all the connectors, and thought 'sod it: why is there a connector here at all?' and realised its purely to make a subassembly a push fit. There is no need to ever remove it, so I cut the wires off and soldered them to the PCB and taped it all up.

Result!

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

That's guaranteeing a PCB failure...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I don't think so.

I taped it all up.

The wire is pretty well held in place. No real chance of vibration.

Ok it probably won't last 20 years, but then, neither will the car..

And if it does rip a track off, well, I can always repair that.

Or smother the whole ear in epoxy and pot the joint.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I think Dave meant Sod's Law...

Reply to