Connecting bath/sink to existing soil pipe

Can anone advise? I have an upstairs toilet, which I have extended to fit a bath and sink. The soil stack is on the outside wall and is cast iron, I need to connect the pipes from the bath and sink to it.Can I use a 'strap boss' to do this? TY

Reply to
dw

No Strap Bosses are only made to fit PVC Soils Stacks. You may be able to use a 'screw on' type boss but I cannot remember wether they fit CI.

You have a bit of a problem there. The Cast Iron Soil Stack will be a real bastard to drill. It might be easier to fit a section of PVC Pipe at the top of the stack and boss into that.

Reply to
Bookworm

Cheers.. I thought that my be the case! I will replace the top of the soil stack, I can put the sink into that easy enough, but the bath waste will be below where the WC goes into the stack, making the bottom section a bit more awkward to replace! Was hoping there might have been an easier solution!

Reply to
dw

On 18 Sep 2006 12:06:50 -0700 someone who may be "Bookworm" wrote this:-

I'm not sure what distinction you are making between a "strap on boss" and a "screw on boss". The ones with a fairly rigid plastic strap that goes round the pipe and is fitted with a screw are unlikely to work. However, the sort with two plastic straps that go round the pipe and are secured with a hand operated nut work very well on cast iron stacks.

Given that the stack is on the outside and up high, this is one of the situations where combining the bath and basin wastes, with suitable precautions, makes sense.

Drilling holes in such pipes was discussed here a month or two ago.

Reply to
David Hansen

You can get CI ones too.

Reply to
Tony Bryer

Do you know if these are available anywhere on line? Are they available in plumbers merchants, or are they quite difficult to get hold of?

Reply to
dw

The message from "dw" contains these words:

What, "lads"?

Reply to
Guy King

Bob Eager